The Journey to Brighter Skin
Bright, glowing skin, it’s a look we all strive for. Unfortunately, most of us battle some level of hyperpigmentation brought on by many factors ranging from medications to sun exposure to hormonal changes and acne or trauma.
Hyperpigmentation can occur in any skin type – oily, dry, dark and light. Simply put, it is excessive stimulation of melanin in the skin that results in uneven, darkened skin tone. Excessive melanin production can occur from systemic (within the body) and extrinsic (outside) causes.
- Large melanocyte cells
- Medications and chemicals
- Sun exposure
- Hormonal changes
- Pregnancy –referred to as melasma
- Acne trauma and inflammation
The primary extrinsic culprit of hyperpigmentation is the sun. In many cases, the effects can be amplified with medications and chemicals (like perfume). In all hyperpigmentation cases, however, sun exposure inevitably makes it worse.
The journey to brighter skin
It will be up to you to assess your client’s skin and determine what will be the best fit. There are many solutions from melanin suppressants to peels and more mild home-care systems.
Treatment results vary greatly depending on discoloration level (cellular or superficial). Through a combination of home care and professional treatments there can be significant change and correction.
- Skin Brightening Cleanser – enhanced with Daisy Flower
- Brightening Scrub – exfoliating
- Skin Brightening Enzyme – reduces cellular build up
- Brightening Pigment Lotion – melanin suppressant toner
- Naturale Mega Brightening Serum – potent pigment control
- Skin Brightening Gel – de-pigment serum
- Brightening Cream Enhanced – brightening complex
- Daytime Defense SPF30 – all-natural sun care
- Melanin Suppressant Facial
- Brightening Up Peel
- Melanin Lift
Remember with any brightening program you will want to incorporate an epidermal growth factor and daily sunscreen!